Date of last revision: December 9, 2009
We at Racegossip.com want to earn your trust by being transparent about how we gather and use information.
The information we gather falls into following categories:
- Personal information. When you sign up for Racegossip you provide us with your email, first and last names and location (city, state, postal code and country). During the registration process we give you the opportunity to provide additional information, such as your gender and years of experience in endurance sports and to add a picture of yourself. Once you register you can visit your profile at any time to add or remove personal information about yourself.
- Content. One of the primary reasons people use Racegossip is to provide feedback on races and blogs. Examples include making a comment about about a race (conversation), enter or participiate in a blog, add a classified, upload or a picture or a video or share a link.
- Transactional Information. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on Racegossip. However, we will only keep your payment source account number with your consent.
- Site activity information. Tracking information collected as you navigate through our sites
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access Racegossip from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
- Cookie Information. We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make Racegossip easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Racegossip. For example, we use them to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to Racegossip.
Use of Information
If you have registered or signed up on Racegossip, we will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address without your permission. This also applies to any information that personally identifies you, except as noted immediately below.
We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website(s); or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
We do, however, share information about our audience in aggregate form. For example, we may want to know which races are the most popular amongst our users, what our users like or dislike about a particular race or race format, how long the average reader spends on our site, or which pages or features get the most attention and similar statistical analysis. These analyses might be used for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base. We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on our Web sites to be targeted, in aggregate, to the users for whom they are most pertinent.
Amendments to this policy
How We Protect Information:
We do our best to keep your information secure, but we need your help.
Steps we take to keep your information secure:
We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Risks inherent in sharing information.
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on Racegossip will not become publicly available. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
You should report any security violations to us at contact[AT]RaceGossip[DOT]com